From Samaritans website:
Samaritans, a unique charity dedicated to reducing feelings of isolation and disconnection that can lead to suicide, has a free app that can provide veterans with emotional support after their career in the Armed Forces.
The free app from Samaritans comes on the back of joint research carried out in 2021 with the Royal British Legion, which found that veterans wanted to understand more about their emotional wellbeing and to hear from people with similar experiences. Those leaving the military and former Armed Forces personnel can access emotional health and wellbeing information, videos, exercises, podcasts, and create wellbeing to-do-lists in the app to help look after themselves and connect with the veteran community.
Through the app veterans will be supported to:
- Reflect: Fully reflect on your service so you can better understand your experiences and move forward.
- Manage: Learn ways to manage your emotional responses and deal with your new day-to-day reality.
- Identify: Identify the challenges you may face and develop ways to overcome them.
- Connect: Access volunteering and peer support by connecting you to the wider veteran community.
- Additional Support: Discover what additional support is out there for you and your individual needs.
The Samaritans Veterans app can be accessed on a desktop, tablet or mobile device via this link https://www.samaritansveterans.org/#/access/signin